Tibetan Tribes in Kham
Tribes of Tibetan
Culture, religion of Danba, Kangding
|Email our Sales-Rep||Terms & Conditions|
- Tour Brief: By reaching the gateway town of Kangding, this trip leads up onto the Tibetan plateau; from top of the high mountain to the bottom of the valley, this trip brings one outstanding combinations of seeing the religious site of the meditation spot of 7th Dalai Lama, as well as the lovely creature from nature of Giant panda, and the town of “Beauty valley” – Danba, which for some unknown reason, the girls from Danba are the prettiest in the region, bringing the valley a nickname-”Beauty Valley.” Beautiful local women in their magnificent national dresses are ideal for travelers and serious photographers alike. The landscape in Danba changes vertically from the high-altitude snow-capped mountains, glaciers to the low altitude grasslands and river valleys.
- Tour Cost: Starting from 895usd, see more prices
- Tour Length: 8 days, Click to check out detail progrm
- Arrive: Chengdu, Sichuan Province, China
- Departure: Chengdu, Sichuan Province, China
- Activity: Tibetan Culture Adventures
Day 1 Arrive in Chengdu: meet your guide at airprot or train station, drive to your hotel for check in; in the afternoon a relaxing city sightseeing visit to the traditional Chinese teahouse at People’s park.
Day 2 Chengdu to Kangding: Drive 360km on paved road, into hill country and crossing through the Mt. Erlang tunnel, En-route we will stop by to visit Luding Iron Bridge. Then arrive at the gateway town of the Eastern Tibet of Kham – Kangding, which is cradled in a narrow gorge along the raging Dzetuo River. The river’s continual rumble can be heard in its alleyways where nomads from the west come to sell Tibetan herbal medicine, Khampa knives, traditional Tibetan garments, and the ever-popular yak butter tea. For centuries the town has held the status of “Gateway to Tibet”, after arrive in Kangding take an easy walk in order to acclimatizing to the altitude, visit to Anjue monastery.
Day 3 Kangding to Bamei: Drive onto Pass of Dzetuo Mountain, which is with altitude of 4320m, if weather permits; the highest peak of Kham of Mt. Minya Gangkar (7556m) is visible. After having lunch at Tibetan’s family, we will head northwest to Tagong, where we are going to visit Lhagang monastery.
According to the legend, when Princess Wengcheng (Tang dynasty) traveled to Tibet, she stayed overnight here, and the Jowo Shakyamuni image which she brought as her dowry to Lhasa requesting to be left in that idyllic setting! Subsequently King Songtsen Gampo constructed 108 temples in the direction of China mainland, after visit to Lhagang monastery heading to the holy mountain of Yarla Jartso, visit to the great Mani pile.
Day 4 Bamei: Today you will spend one full day to explore the villages and secret sits in Bamei, including Garta shangbaling monastery, local Tibetan family visit, if you would like – herding yaks to the mountains with local Tibetans.
Day 5 Bamei to Danba: From Bamei, we turn to east, and stop by to visit a monastery of Gatar Shangbalin, which the 7th Dalai Lama used to cultivate himself according to a religious doctrine, then to the birth place of 11th Dalai Lama; then about 30 minutes drive onto the range of Yarla yartso mountain, where we can enjoy the stunning view of Mt. Yarla Yartso, then continuing to follow the Donggu River crossing through the narrow and deeply Donggu valley to Danba, which is Kingdom of Ancient Blockhouses.
Day 6 Danba to Baoxing: In the morning we will drive up to Dzong-lu village to witness the traditional building of Tibetan of “Pill box”; which is hidden deep in the high mountains and dense forests, thousands of blockhouses are endowed with a sense of mystery. The Dadu River takes shape here and flows south through Danba. Towers were built hundreds of years ago, for defensive purposes and passing messages between different villages. The height of these stone-built military structures is often above 30 meters, while the tallest tower measures 60 meters in height. Looking from afar, the scene of groups of towers and castles standing in the gorgeous Danba valley is breathtaking. In the afternoon drive to Baoxing, enroute passing through the pass of Mt. Jiajin (4600m), then descending to Baoxing valley.
Day 7 Baoxing to Chengdu: In the morning drive departure for heading back to Chengdu, in the afternoon, visit of Temple of Marques Wu, Jinli Street.
Day 8 Today, your trip is about to end, we will provide transportation for the drive to airport or train station, where you will begin with your journey for the next destination.
Prices and Conditions
- Prices are valid till November 30th 2014
- $895.00 usd per person (10-12 members)
- $1,055.00 usd per person (7-9 members)
- $1,185.00 usd per person (4-6 members)
- Single Supplement: 295usd
Please contact us making reservation
|Tour Costs Include:
||Tour Costs Do Not Include: