Amdo Attraction Guide
Amdo is unique with the majestic natural scenery of the Qinghai-Tibet Plateau. The well-known Qinghai Lake is China’s largest inland saltwater lake. The thousands acres of rapeseed flowers that bloom in July and August each year attract many tourists.
The Yangtze River and the Yellow River are two of China’s most famous rivers that originated in Qinghai. The source of the Yangtze River is beautiful. Ice towers with height of dozens of meters are numerous, just like a ice tower forest, which towering into the clear sky, lingering for dozens of miles, like a crystal peak and peaks, in various poses.
The source of the Yellow River is pleasant, the water and grass are beautiful, the lakes and creeks are dotted with stars, which is very spectacular.
Amdo has a golden sea of flowers, dazzling snow-capped mountains, and clear blue water. It is also a multi-ethnic community, with Han, Tibetan, Hui, Mongolian, Tu, Salar, and other ethnic groups, all of which are with unique folk customs.
Amdo Attraction Guide is about the view spots, monasteries of Amdo, which takes up a large area from the Machu River (Yellow River) to the Drichu river (Yangtze River). Amdo is composed of Qinghai, South of Gansu, and North of Sichuan. We’ll go from; Qilian mountain to the north separate Gebi desert from Tibetan plateau then Changtang plateau to the west connects to the central Tibet. In the south, Kham, another part of the east Tibet is closely linked to Amdo. The major area of this vast land is called Qinhai Province today.
Amdo Attraction Guide List
Best travel time
Best from June to August
Recommended playing days
Continental plateau climate
Chaka Salt lake is regarded as China’s “mirror of the sky”,
It is both the largest inland lake in China and the largest salt lake in China.
Buddhist shrines, exquisite decorations, Pious praying, one of the 6 great monasteries of Gelug Pa
- Amdo’s ultraviolet rays are very strong, you need to prepare sunscreen items
- Dry in Amdo, it is recommended to drink plenty of water and eat fruits and vegetables
- Don’t bring pork products with you when you dine in a halal restaurant. Usually the halal restaurant does not sell alcoholic beverages. However, some halal restaurants allow you to bring and drink your own alcohol in some regions;
- Generally, non-Muslims are not welcome to visit the mosque during worship time, and you should only take photos after you have obtained consent.
- Tibetan Sky burials in the Tibetan area are not welcome to watch, so you must watch with permission from the family,
Be advised In Amdo, even in summer, the temperature is not too high. It can reach 30 degrees in only a few days throughout the year. The usual temperature is more than 20 degrees, and the temperature difference between morning and evening is very large.
In summer time, say July and August, autumn clothes is necessary if it is rainy, so it is suggesting to bring thick clothes even if you go to Amdo in summer. It is ok to wear short sleeves in Xining, however, a wind proof jacket shall be needed when you travel to Kokonor lake in the same day in summer