However, the travel documents required when traveling in these areas are different, which also confuses many tourists. Here we have prepared a series of questions related to payment, travel documents, and preparations before departure. We hope this will help you prepare for your trip to the Qinghai-Tibet Plateau
If you have questions other than what we are preparing, please Contact us
Can i pay with credit card?
Yes, you can By default, the payment-method is by Credit Card; Currently, accepted credit cards are
- Visa card
- American Express
- Discover card
- JCB cards
- Diners Club International
If your card may not be one of above listed, you are welcome to use PayPal to make the payment, or you may use direct bank transfer to make the payment. If you may choose to send the payment by bank remittance, please contact us first, we will send you our company’s bank detail and assisting you to make the bank remittance
What is Single Supplement?
Single supplement is a charge paid by a visitor whom takes a full room occupied alone. Most hotel rooms are priced for double occupancy, when only one visitor occupies a full room during a trip, then a supplement of other half of the room will be applied; The large size (king-size) room is a variant of the standard room. Although it is one bed, the price of such room is generally the same or even higher than the standard room, so the room rate is at least same as two beds room. There is a single supplement as well if one person uses a large size bed room alone
Should I print and carry a receipt?
You do not need to print or carry the receipt to show your guide. Once your tour is confirmed, we will forward all needed detail to our guide before your arrival;
What is refund and cancellation policy?
A 30 days prior to the departure of your scheduled tour for a full refund. Within 15 days, cancellation charge is 20% of your tour cost Within 10 days, cancellation charge is 50% of your tour cost There is no refunds for a cancellation within 5 days to your departure please visit our terms and conditions for more detail
Tibet Travel Permits
What documents are needed for a Tibet trip?
Can tourist apply Tibet Travel Permit by themselves?
No, tourists cannot apply for Tibet Travel Permit by themselves. Tibet Travel Permit has to be applied by one tour operator based in Tibet.
What to do for applying Tibet Travel Permit?
In general, you need to do following preparations
- you will need to contact your travel agency to finalize a Tibet tour
- Sign a travel contract, Once the above listed are done, the process of applications of Tibet Travel Permit will be activated by your travel agency
- Provide your colored passport copy ( with minimum validity of 6 month)
The Permit applications will be done by the travel agency you choose
How to receive Tibet Travel Permit?
In general, there are 3 ways that you can receive Tibet travel permit
- If you travel to Tibet from any city in the mainand of China by flight, then please provide your hotel which you’ll stay before departure of the flight to Lhasa; we will use carrier to send the Tibet Travel Permit to you
- If you travel to Tibet from any city in China by train, then we’ll email you a E-copy of your tibet travel permit, and please printed out and carry it with you during your journey to Lhasa;
- If you travel to Tibet from Nepal; then please provide your Nepal travel agent contact detail, we will be in touch with them to arrange all, and then you don’t need to do anything
Do i need to carry Tibet Travel Permit?
During your trip in Tibet, you do not need to carry Tibet Travel Permit, but your gudie will carry it for you You need to carry Tibet travel document on your way to Tibet, please view detail below
- When travel to Tibet by PLANE, you will need to carry orignal copy of Tibet Travel Permit, which we will mail to you, and please refer to How to receive Tibet Travel Permit
- When travel to Tibet by TRAIN, you just need to carry photo copy of Tibet Travel Permit
How early do i need to make reservation?
Usually, It is recommended to make your booking 30 days prior to trip departure; OR 45 days before your departure for trips to West Tibet, such as visit to Mt Kailash,
Can I travel Tibet without a guide?
No, you can’t travel Tibet without a guide. It is a must to have a tour guide when travel in Tibet
Can I travel Kham without a guide?
Yes, you can travel without a guide in Kham.
Can I travel Amdo without a guide?
Not the entire area of Amdo (currently Qinghai province), however, the most tourists attractions foreign visitors are allowed to tour without a guide in Amdo