Qinghai is also called as “Amdo“, Qinghai Provincial Museum covers an area of 17,000 square meters with the construction area of 20,800 square meters, its 9 halls are all with magnificent Tang style.
Ever since the establishment, Qinghai Provincial Museum has made itself to the collection and research of the local relics of history, folks and religion. There are more than 100,000 pieces of exhibits.
The cultural relics that this Museum has are displayed according to its timetable, reflecting the process of developing Qinghai. Some of the items are dated back to the chipped stone tools from the Paleolithic Age, in addition, there are
- The stone artifacts, implements of chipped stone from Paleolithic age
- The bone objects, bronze items of Neolithic age as well as bronze age
- The ceramics, bronze mirrors, wood figurines, bronze seals, tablet inscriptions, bronze figurines, handwritten scriptures, Persian silver coins in Tang dynasty as well as Han dynasty
- The bronze drinking vessels, stone sculptures as well as paper currency from Yuan dynasty
- The calligraphy, porcelain and painting from Qing and Ming dynasties
The rich exhibits fully displays the unique cultural traditions of Qinghai in the form of photos, animal samples and mineral samples as well as modern audio and electrical equipment.
Qinghai Provincial Museum Data
Address & Contact
No.58, Xi Guan Street, Cheng Xi District
Contact : +86 971 611-8691
Open every Tuesday to Sunday,
Visiting time: summer: 9:00-17:00 , winter: 9:30-16:30,
Free of charge
How to get to there
Qinghai Provincial Museum is situated in the west of Xining city, near the main street by the Xin-Ning plaza; it can be reached by either bus or taxi easily;
By bus : line 2, 9, 12, 13, 18, 22, 25, 31, 58, 82, 85, 104, 108, at bus stop “Jiao-Tong-Xiang “
By bus : line 22, 35, 41, 102, S3, S5, at bus stop “Xing-Ning-Guang-Chang-Nan-Zhan”
Leave a Reply