The monastery is located in Dege County, about 233 kilometers away from the county seat of Dege County. It is connected by roads and with electricity supply
Mongya Monastery is surrounded by rivers and towering trees with majestic buildings
The handwritten scriptures written of gold and silver powder in the monastery are the only ones in Kham. In addition, there are ivory, platinum cymbals, gilded bronze Buddha with a height of more than ten meters
The building of Mongya Monastery is divided into Upper part and Lower part. The Upper part is believed to be created by the first living Buddha of Gongdzu. There are currently 90 monks in it
Mongya Lase Renpoche, the son of the sixth Kundro Renpoche, is an important living Buddha of Bon religion today. He organized and published the “Wachog Manuscript” of the Bon Tripitaka, and made important contributions to the preservation of these precious documents and the spread of Bon religion
Kundro·Jatson Nyingpo, a famous Bon religion schoold in the 18th century (1700-?).
In the second half of his life, he mainly settled in Mongya Monastery and became the master lama of the monastery.
His inheritance did not follow the hereditary inheritance of the Bon religion master, but accepted the reincarnation of Tibetan Buddhism. His later generations are called “Kundro Renpoche”.