“Heping Fahui Nunnery” is one name we recently received. But this is NOT a correct name of nunnery, “He Ping” means “Peaceful”; “Fa Hui” means Pujia. Those are 4 Chinese words in Pin Yin. When to put this 4 words together, it means “Peaceful Pujia”. so it is not a name of nunnery, but a name of Tibetan Religious activity.
This “Peaceful Pujia” was started from October 1999. The sites are included: Peaceful Tashi Falun Zha-Cang; Peaceful Buddhist Academy, Peaceful Tibetan hospital, Peaceful Rainbow Celestial Burial, Peaceful Mani Pile Wall, Peaceful Nursing home and Peaceful Primary School. Those sites are all located in Ge Ri Ma village which is some 10 km northwest from Tagong by road or 2-3 hours crossing through the Tagong Grassland by hike. Some people call this nunnery is “Ani Gompa“, which is not verified
Schedule of Peaceful Pujia (Heping Fahui)
The below listed date are all according to Tibetan calendar, please contact us to check exact date on Gregorian calendar. Tibetan Calendar is updated in December each year.
- Winter Pujia: From 1st of 10th month to the next 15th of 1st month
- Salvation Pujia: From 25th of the 2nd month to 30th of 3rdmonth
- Own-relief suffer Puja: From 1st to 30th of 4thmonth
- Summer Pujia: From 5th month to 30th of 6thmonth. This is the largest one. There are usually more than 30,000 people participating this great pujia
- Tibetan Play: From 1st to 15th of 8thmonth
For the moment, Tashi Nunnery is the official name of this sites
Location of Tashi monastery and the location where the Peaceful Pujia (Heping Fahui) is held
[google_map_embed src=”https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/embed?mid=1-7DziJ2YinoWmx4g6S-4X3D39aM” height=”450″]